- KABANI – the other direction and Kabani Community Tourism & Services awarded ‘TO DO 2016 prize’ for socially responsible tourism at ITB Berlin, the world’s largest travel and tourism trade fair.
- TO DO award 2016 : KABANI – the other direction, has won the’ TO Do 2016’ – An International Award for Socially Responsible Tourism. The TO DO! Socially Responsible Tourism Contest is supported by the Engagement Global / German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) as well as by ITB Berlin , the Swiss Foundation for Solidarity in Tourism (SST) ,Bread for the World – Tourism Watch , forum anders reisen , and Studiosus Reisen München GmbH.
- Social Catalyst Award: Kabani Community Tourism and Services won the ‘Social Catalyst Award’ at the International Conclave on ‘Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship’ being held at Loyola College for Social Sciences, Trivandrum.
- Outlook Traveller Favorite Responsible Tourism Award 2015: Kabani received ‘Favorite Responsible Tourism Initiative’ by Out Look Traveler Magazine, India’s most popular Travel Magazine in English.
Kabani in the Media :
Kabani Community Tourism and Services been featured in the German online portal Fair Unterwegs
- Outlook Traveller features Kabani’s Community Tourism Initiatives as part of their Responsible Tourism campaign
- DW.COM (German Radio) Publishes interview with Sumesh Mangalassery on Kabani’s Sustainable Tourism Initiatives.
- DW.COM (German Radio) Broadcasts interview with Sumesh Mangalassery on ecotourism
- Top 10 Winner Inspiring Stories from Destinations (Wild Asia and ITB Asia)
- Responsible Tourism in Wayanad (Kochi Post)
- Bamboo Village: Above and Beyond a Tourism Project (The Alternative)
- Interview with Sumesh Mangalassery on Responsible Tourism in ‘The Alternative’,