While sipping a hot cup of ‘Tea’, have you ever thought,
‘Where it comes from’?
How it’s cultivated? How tea leaves are collected? How it’s processed and packaged?
‘Kabani’, would like to take you on a ‘Tea Tour’, in the beautiful Nilgirs (Blue Mountains) to help you find answers to these questions…
Are you ready?
How the program is organised:
- Once you reach the beautiful, old, stone bungalow, in the middle of a spice estate in the Nilgiris, (where your accommodation is arranged) you could feel the pristine nature at close proximity.
A stroll in the estate among various spice plants will keep you refreshed and you can take a shower in the waterfall, nearby, and swim in the stream.
- By evening, a discussion is organised with the team that manages this ‘Tribal Community Based Eco tourism’ initiative.
- Early morning, travel to the picturesque village of Kolappalli, right in the middle of ‘Tea Estates’.
- During the ‘Tea Tour’, you can experience, ‘Trekking in the tea estate’, ‘Tea Plucking’, ‘Tea processing’ in the tea factory’, and ‘Tea Tasting’…
- An interactive session is organised with the local experts, where you can learn about the history of tea in the region, issues related to current market, fare wage related issues, Sri Lankan repatriates struggles, troubles with Land rights etc;
- Return to the Devala estate.
Best Time to explore this area: You can expect pleasant weather conditions through out the year.
You can write us at : [email protected]
or call us at +91 965 650 0047
It will be a pleasure to give you any further information