North Kerala Festival Tour: Explore the Virgin North and Experience Theyyam…
Have you ever got a chance to see gods in action?
They descent to earth, dance to the drum beats, talks to you and blesses you …
It’s sheer magic that unfolds right in front of your eyes when you are watching a “theyyam” dancer…
For the local people,
it’s not the mortal human being, in one of the most striking costumes and facial paintings, in front of them, But the god himself.Welcome to the ‘Theyyam Country’…
The northern most districts of Kerala (Kannur and Kasaragod) are known for it’s rich traditions, folklore, art, and unspoiled natural beauty.
In this tour program, accommodation is arranged at a unique landscape which is sandwiched between Kavvayi Backwaters and Arabian Sea…
Best Time to experience Theyyam: December to May (Theyyam is not performed during the monsoon months).
- Arrival at Payyanur
- Travel to Kavvayi boat jetty (around 3km from the railway station)
- Cross backwater in a boat.
- Check in at Home stay
- Explore the Mangrove forest and the rich Bird life on the banks of the back waters in country boat.
- Explore Ezhimala Hills and Ettikulam Beach
- Visit, the famous Subramania Swami Temple in Payyanur, known for it’s unique architecture and aculptures
- Travel to the temple where ‘Theyyam’ is performed.
- Interact with the people of the community, who is performing the Theyyam and try to learn about the socio economic system of the place and the story behind that particular Theyyam.
- Experience the whole preparations and rituals performed before Theyyam.
- Experience Theyyam,
- Travel north to explore the Largest and Most well preserved Fort in Kerala, ‘The Bekal Fort’
- Back to Home Stay.